Thursday, August 03, 2006

oh Johor.....sigh. I cry for you.

Learnt more of the State last night. Was watching part of the news late nite. I cant remember which particular channel it was. But the person interviewed or giving a lecture was the head honcho of Perbadanan Johor aka the corporatised version of the old State Economic Development Corporation.

He was talking about CSR if my bad memory serves me well, in the context of the muslim environment. No probs or worries there.

But what caught my attention was his statement which was something alone the lines of ... "Johor Corporation being a body that belongs to or owned by the muslims..."

And so the head honcho feels the State Economic Development Corporation with a modern name of Perbadanan Johor, which they conveniently prefer to call Johor Corporation, is a body thats belonging to persons of a particular religion. Does that mean also that the every other government department or agency, is also one thats belonging to that race? Here I was being so ignorant. Thinking that a state agency like SEDC was actually a body that belongs to every citizen of that state. To protect the State's interest and that of all its citizens. How can I have such idealistic views in the first place.

Sigh, me so stoopid. I had to learn this via the tv.

1 comment:

Anak Pinang said...

Good idea or not ? can it be success ?