Thursday, August 03, 2006

Food outlets and me

Why is it that I am the one almost always getting the wrong order delivered to my table, or having the waiter/waiteress forgetting my order, or screwing it up totally. I believe i blogged about this earlier.

These two ladies and myself were out in town this afternoon to look for some material to buy for an association.

We passed by the nasi kandar outlet and gave it a pass cos it appeared a bit noisy and next to a busy road. We thought Compact Hotel would be a nicer place, as the coffee house would be airconditioned. We ordered fried kuay teow for the ladies, with one requesting specifically for no squids. I ordered for a spanking orange chicken, which the waiter had to go back to the kitchen to find out what it was. We werent any wiser but I still went for it just for the heck of it. After more than 10 minutes, he says the orange chicken dish is "out of order". I didnt know whether to ROTFLMAO or to curse and swear for wasting 10 minutes. Changed the order to chicken chop. The fun had just begun.

The kuay teow came after another 10 to 15 minutes. Both had squids. We requested for another plate with no squids. Within 2 minutes, super fast cooking my foot, the dish came back, minus the squid. The green-still-new-at-his-job waiter told her the squids were removed and this was her kuay teow. The drinks came, and we wondered why my hot chocolate looked like milo with too much milk. It sure did taste like milo. It didnt help when the waiter actually did say "here's your Milo" or something like that. He only corrected after I pointed out I had asked for hot choc. Sigh.

The chicken chop was huge. But the squid-less dish was a big issue. Insisted on the restaurant manager to come, but alas the person was out, during lunch time summore!! Nobody senior. Each time we complained, the waiters went into the kitchen.

We got up. Insisted on paying only for the drinks and an appetiser. We refused to pay for the 3 meals. We just did it, paid, and walked off.

First time ever entering the place, and got screwed service.

Yes, Sic. JB is a screwed place for food and service. Theres just too few places where one can truly go and enjoy a good meal.

No comments: