Thursday, July 06, 2006

First impressions count

Was at a dentist on Sunday. One of the molars chipped off and was hurting. Since I was too busy or lazy to get it done during work days, I headed to one near my home.

Walked in, registered and after a while I was called into the room. There they were, 3 almost fully clad ladies. No sign of the two dentists whos names adorned the door of the office.

Nevertheless, I still went in.

Sat at the chair and an assistant proceeded to tie a bib around my neck. This would prevent my tshirt from getting wet, I guessed. Didnt think much of it. Just then the lady dentist walked over. I asked if I could gargle first. Raised my head and I realised I couldnt! My neck was secured against the head of the headrest by the bib!!! I was like...huh! Complained and the dentist realised the assistant had messed up. Apologized and said the assistant was new.

She lowered the chair till I was practically horizontal! I was uncomfy. She said she was short, therefore she had to lower the seat. I was like.. huh. But then, on impulse, said its ok, I was the tall one. She proceeded to do her job and it was somewhat done in an ok manner. I thought, what the heck. Since I am there, I might as well do some polishing or scaling.

Should have stopped while the going was good. Within seconds she started and she was practically scrapping my gums. It was hurting and I just raised my hand and said, STOP! Her work was rough. And I know it shouldnt hurt as Ive done it countless times over the years. She just nodded, I paid and left.

Still cant understand the tie-up to the headrest. For a while thought I was a goner there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a good laugh over the tie up thing...lol

sic6sense said...

hence, i stop going to the dentist. you must enjoy the pain though since she's ur regular dentist. :D

vic said...

@coco
I wont deny I did harbour some kinky fantasies at the point of knowing I had my neck tied to the headrest. Perhaps I should have played along. Err perhaps not.

@ sic
no lah, my first time there. She was fully clad, could only see the eyes. How to bear the pain lah. At least if the view was nice, I might have :D